Lo backpack for dogs it is a way to move freely or take long distances especially if you have a puppy, or a small breed, or a dog that is already old or in any case tiring to walk for a long time.
Born to take your furry friend with you wherever you want, especially if you are small size, and show him the world, it can also be used for other little ones pets as a parrot, rodents, gods domestic cats, for an ferret… So much so that many models have a porthole.
Spoiled and pampered to excess i pets are at the center of a bustling market, because never as in this period the most disparate objects are offered for our four-legged friends, from colorful toys to doghouses up to fashion dresses and jeweled collars
More comfortable and sporty alternative to the dog carrier, the ridiculous strollers for dogs and the cinema diva bags to bring your furry friend, guarantee greater freedom to the owner who will be able to walk for a long time, take public transport and make even demanding trips, ride a bike or take a hike.
Let's explore this world of dog backpack together, discover many models to buy the one that's right for you.
- 1 Backpack for dogs: what it is
- 2 How to choose the right dog backpack
- 2.1 Capacity of the dog backpack
- 2.2 Available space of the dog backpack
- 2.3 Inner and outer fabric of the dog backpack
- 2.4 Ergonomics and functionality of the dog backpack
- 3 Backpack for dogs: buying guide
- 4 DIY dog backpack: how to do it?
- 4.1 What you need
- 4.2 How to proceed:
It is a bag that can be carried on the shoulders, just like a backpack, to leave the owner a certain freedom of movement and the animal the opportunity to rest and stay warm.
It is a variant of the classic pet carrier, which arises from the owner's need for small and medium-sized dogs, puppies or very small dogs, to be able to always carry it with you even during trips and excursions, mountain excursions, bike or motorbike rides and long walks.
All without the risk of the dog becoming too tired or unable to tackle difficult trails and paths.
Equipped with a practical opening that allows you to put the animal inside the bag, it also has air vents to make it feel good and is often equipped with nets or portholes to allow it to observe the world. It can leave its head out, sometimes its paws too.
The fabric is rainproof and there is a soft padding inside to make it comfortable. The safety of our pet is guaranteed by the internal hook to attach the leash and comfortable shoulder straps allow the right comfort to the owner.
Numerous internal and external pockets are provided to carry various objects for both canine and human well-being.
This is a valid and fun alternative to the classic pet carrier, suitable for those who do not want to deprive themselves of the company of their dog while leading a dynamic life.
The choice of backpack is ideal if you have a dog:
- very small (for example a Chihuahua)
- advanced in age or with pathologies
- that gets tired easily in some soils (e.g. the bass otto)
- who doesn't like crowded places
- a puppy
But it is also perfect for those who feel the need not to deprive themselves of the company of their dog when
- take a walk in the mountains
- take a ride on a bike or motorbike
- travel by public transport
- he walks briskly through urban streets
- attends exhibitions and public places
In short, thanks to the backpack it is possible to take the dog everywhere even in places where otherwise it could be a hitch.
But now let's see how to choose the right backpack for our furry friend.
The backpack suitable for your needs and for your dog or even another animal in tow, must meet some criteria:
- capacity understood as kg supported, in relation to the size of your dog and your build
- space intended as volume available for the movement of the dog
- fabric with which it is made inside and out, which can be breathable, transparent, washable
- shape and ergonomics which determine its functionality, for example whether it is easy to put on and whether it is padded on the shoulder straps
- model with or without porthole, with legs out, classic or pouch type ...
Among the various characteristics listed above, that of capacity is the determining factor:
to be evaluated in relation to the actual weight of your pet, you cannot in any way bring a dog heavier than that indicated in the indications of the product purchased.
Please note: the kilos reported by the manufacturers are sometimes overestimated, it is better to choose a bag that has at least a kilo of capacity more than our need.
Free space backpack for dogs
Choosing a backpack and not a carrier is also to be evaluated in relation to the type of dog you have as a faithful friend. There are dog breeds more prepared for backpack transport than others.
The space that our friend has inside the backpack is very small and therefore he is forced to stay practically still. Better to choose the backpack for the pet dogs, more tame, generally small in size, more accustomed to staying still in confined spaces.
During the choice of the product, check if the animal is able to come out well with the muzzle, if it breathes with serenity and does not have a feeling of suffocation, in short, check that it is comfortable.
Inner and outer fabric backpack for dogs
To buy the right backpack it is best to inquire about the fabric that composes it, both inside and out. The internal fabric must be:
- sterile to avoid the proliferation of bacteria and germs
- soft and hypoallergenic so as not to irritate or sting
- better if breathable to always ensure the right body temperature
- washable for greater hygiene and in case of 'accidents'
While the outer fabric will have to be chosen based on its:
- quality and aesthetics
- ease of cleaning
Ergonomics and functionality backpack for dogs
To transport your dog easily on long walks, on adventures in nature, on a bicycle, for clubs, in the city, it must be a practical container to use and tailored to your needs.
The main functions:
- safety lock: to ensure the owner that the dog cannot open by himself
- pockets: useful for what can be used during the trip, for example gloves and bags for needs or some biscuits, however also useful for the owner
- shoulder straps: they must be adjustable and padded and if there is a strap to wrap around the waist to stabilize the backpack it is even better
- versatility: the possibility of carrying the backpack in different ways, on the back, on the chest, over the shoulder, pouch
Here is our selection of backpacks for small pets and dogs.
There are many dog backpacks on the market. We can buy them in specialized pet stores, large pet store chains or online on the most popular e-commerce platforms.
The proposal is really vast, here is our guide to buying the dog backpack.
Petcute is available for pets up to 15 kg Perfect for walking, hiking, cycling and public transport. In soft, breathable padded fabric, it has an opening that allows the dog to put out its muzzle. Equipped with pockets on both sides.
It can be attached directly to the collar for added security so the little dog does not run away. The straps are padded, adjustable and the backpack also features a buckled waist strap to distribute the load and keep the backpack stable. Price: about 33 euro.PETCUTE Dog Carrier Backpack Pouch Dog Bags for Dogs Carrier Backpack for Cats Pouch for Dogs Price: € 45,59 Prices updated 12-05-2022 1:11 PM.
If the dog is very small or if it is still a puppy, it is important that the backpack for its transport is very safe and comfortable.
Lo Sightseeing Carrier Backpack it is for pets up to 5 kg. You can take long walks because there is enough space for him to rest and be comfortable. The mesh roof is large and can be opened. Inner mat in polypropylene, padded with faux fur and removable for easy washing. Integrated leash to secure the animal.
There are pockets pockets to carry what you need and the straps are wide and padded with lap belt for greater comfort of the master. In case of rain there is a rain cover. Price: from 25 to 29 euro.KLOVA Parrot Carrier for Pets Travel Bag Space Backpack Transparent Breathable 360 ° Sightseeing - Red Prices updated 12-05-2022 1:11 PM.
Transporting larger dogs certainly becomes more difficult and the dog owner must have a backpack suitable to contain the weight and exuberance of his pet, as well as the strength necessary to support the fatigue!
- FLKennel is a backpack for medium-sized pets of simple construction, up to 25 kg. In various colors, it has side pockets for items and is made of 600D Oxford fabric with an easy-to-clean PVC coating. It has a built-in leash. Equipped with padded shoulder straps. Price: 44 euro.
- jun123 is the backpack for even very large dogs, it can carry up to 80 kg of animals. It is also used for canine units in the event of a catastrophe to quickly bring the dog to the area or if he is very tired to continue searching. It is actually a backpack to use for small stretches, to carry very old or injured dogs. Logically it is not suitable for long walks because the weight would weigh too much on the owner. Price: 120 euro.
The backpack with transparent porthole allows the dog to see everything around him while the owner walks. The porthole is in rigid and transparent PVC, while the backpack is soft.
- petkit it has a large rigid panoramic porthole and a colored quilted canvas base, it has holes for excellent internal ventilation. Easy to assemble and disassemble for greater cleaning, with washable inner mat. Equipped with a hook for the collar and hinges that can only be opened from the outside, to maximize safety and a pocket for objects. Price: about 99 euro.
- morpilot it is one of the safest and most performing products. Made of environmentally friendly polyester, resistant to wear and scratches, it is lightweight and easy to carry. The interior space is large: perfect for dogs under 6 kg. Breathable because it has nets both on the sides and in the upper part, to be opened to allow the muzzle to come out. Adjustable chest strap to reduce load and increase comfort. Safe for the animal because the top, bottom and front hinges have the function of blocking any escape. Equipped with pockets on both sides and foldable bowl. Price: 41 euro.
They are models of backpack for dogs that in addition to being comfortable for daily use are also approved for transport by plane in different countries. They are made of very resistant fabric and are suitable for keeping the animal comfortably even for many hours.
- United Pets Urban Reverse Backpack it is made of polyester with adjustable carrying straps, padded, it is suitable for dogs up to 7 kg. It has adjustable, padded shoulder straps and a large breathable mesh. Price: about 51 euro.
- Kurgo it is for small dogs and approved by many airlines. It has a snap leash that attaches to the harness to keep our friend under control. In water-resistant, stain-resistant fabric, it has a removable inner lining, machine washable. Equipped with pockets and compartments to hold everything you need. Price: about 130 euro.
To carry your friend anywhere but always keep him under your eyes, the baby carrier is the best object.
- VavoPaw it features zippers on both sides and adjustable straps is made with soft material and mesh to offer protection and comfort and increase breathability. There are holes for the legs and tail with adjustable front closure. It can be worn over the shoulder, on the back and in the front. Handy and light, it is suitable for small dogs. Price: 33 euro.
- Homieco is a comfortable carrier for puppies and small dogs. It is frontal and the dog moves to the front. The straps are adjustable, 4 cm wide and with comfortable padding. Made of polyester fiber, it has four holes for the legs and an opening for the tail. The pet is very stationary, but it can move its legs and tail. Suitable for dogs up to 5 kg. Price: 17 euro.
Buying a backpack for dogs is a fairly affordable expense but if you don't want to face expenses and if you are passionate about DIY here is a solution to create a backpack for your dog, comfortable and safe, perhaps a little less equipped but still functional.
The premise is that the dog is small, to be sure that the transport is safe and comfortable for the owner as well.
- 1 bag
- 1 rigid cardboard,
- old soft fabrics
- 1 network
- needle, thread and scissors.
- Wash the old bag and measure the bottom.
- Cut out 2 stiff cardboard shapes and glue them to make them stronger.
- Sew a lining, using soft fabric, clippings found at home, such as old towels or used fleece.
- Slip the cardboard inside the liners.
- Cover 1 hole with scissors and then finish with needle and thread. Fix the net on this hole by fixing it with small points.
- Apply the mesh from the inside leaving about two centimeters of edge beyond the seams
- Place the cardboard base covered with the cover
- The bag for carrying the dog is ready.